» Sparoza Garden
» MGS Forum
» Seed Exchange
» MGS Excursions
» Members' Gardens
» Book Reviews
» News & Views
Aims of the MGS
- The cultivation and development of mediterranean plants and gardening.
- The study of the flora including: cultivated plants, their origins, uses and management, endemic mediterranean plants which can be used in gardens and exotic plants which can be introduced into mediterranean gardening.
- The propagation of mediterranean plants.
- The design and construction of gardens suitable for the mediterranean climate, landscape and way of life.
- The study of mediterranean soils and their proper management and improvement. Interest in technical aspects of mediterranean gardening, such as irrigation, garden and botanical equipment, etc.
- Attention to mediterranean gardens of special interest, particularly botanical and historical.
- The promotion of education and information as regards the plant world and flora.
- The dissemination and cultivation of the love of nature and the sensitization and education of public opinion on matters concerning the environment and ecology.
- The confrontation of problems in the area where the Society has its seat: cultural up-grading and development and the struggle to conserve and maintain the Mediterranean cultural heritage and landscape, ekistic, ecological and environmental problems.
- The promotion by all legal and advantageous means of the Society's aims.